Saturday, January 5, 2013

What's in store for you?

As we all do when the New Year comes around, I've been thinking about what my hopes and goals are for 2013. 


 here

This year I want to get specific.  I feel like my life recently has been spent spinning inside a tornado and at any moment I am about to be thrown out.  I have a sense that somehow I will soon land on my feet and look around me and think "Ok. I'm here and I'm alive. Now what?"
Maybe I'm already there. And I have to be honest, it's exciting.  It's exciting to see a fresh start in front of you and a whole lot of miles behind. 




Here are the  things I want to do starting today to keep my life moving in the right direction.



1. Make dinner. 

It sounds simple, and is actually an activity I enjoy doing, but as a single gal I work a lot and when I get home I am T.I.R.E.D.  If I don't have to cook I won't.  So I am going to stop buying prepared foods.  No more frozen waffles, frozen pizza, frozen anything.  The microwave is the enemy! The side bonus to this is that home cooked meals are better for me.  And has anyone out there heard of Pinterest?  (yes, that's a joke)
There are so many recipes on there that I have pinned and am dying to try.  No shortage of ideas for meals.

2. Make stuff.

I am artistic in nature.  I love creating and getting the creative juices flowing.  Unfortunately I spend more time getting inspired (yes, Pinterest once again) and less time actually spending time turning the inspiration into physical manifestations.  Again, excited to get creative.

3. Learn to sew/knit.

This one is not quite so easy because it involves recruiting others, like my mom, who is a bit of a procrastinator herself.  The best thing I could have done was take my grandmother up on her offer to teach me to sew, but I never did and lost the opportunity in 2009 when she passed away.  But this still makes the goal list because it relates to #2.




4. Get up off my ass.

Oh yeah.  The dreaded "e" word - exercise.  I hate exercise. I loathe it, despise it, you get the idea.  But I realize it is a necessary evil and something I have to do to get healthy.

5. Give an identity to this blog and really make a go of blogging.

I am currently mulling over new names and am trying to identify the direction I want to go in.  I have not been consistent with posting and I want to be.  I am not worried about money or sponsors or followers or stats.  I just want to do it for me.  I want to use this medium to express ideas and thoughts, interests, share my passions, document life.  I am already looking forward to looking back on it at the end of the year.




6. Read more books.

I have too many sitting on my nightstand!




7. Take a trip SOMEWHERE, anywhere. 
Paris is the dream, New York would be ideal, Hawaii nice, and I will settle for a drive to the Oregon Coast if I have to.  Travel is something I want to do regularly.



8. Find a new job/new job at current company.
Not gonna lie, I hate my job.  Not the work, but the expectations I'm being held to for things NOT related to my daily work.  Politics rule the company I work for and I hate political games, so I refuse to play them.  I am currently looking for work in another department or company if that's the move that has to be made.  Staying where I am is NOT an option.


here 

9. Simplify.
I'm actually not bad at this, but I want to take it to the next level.  I expect some serious purging to come in the next few months.


That's it. That's what I'm shooting for.  And I expect that this blog will bear witness to some of this, if not all, throughout the upcoming year.  So glad to have you on this journey with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment