Monday, May 23, 2011

A soft place to land...

"No one likes to jump without a soft place to land."
I just read this sentence in today's post on one of my favorite blogs, Gypsy Girl's Guide. It really struck a chord in me.

Right now I'm at a crossroads in my life - I'm making decisions that are huge and are going to drastically affect my life. I'm facing constant questioning and criticism from others and sometimes, though I hate to admit it, the negative seeps in and creates a little bit of doubt.

Throughout this process I've been trying to just focus on doing what I think is right. Following my heart and choosing the path that I believe is right for me, regardless of what others say or think and regardless of the great unknown laying out in front of me. As I said in a previous post, its a scary path right now. It isn't following the paved road, but breaking off and finding my own way.

But today I am reminded that I knew this was not easy and I knew the criticisms I would encounter. I knew I was not going to get others to see my point of view. I knew it because I'm jumping and I don't know where I'm going to land exactly.

Ever see the show 'Taboo'? I feel a little like those people. Let's be honest. Selling your house, your stuff, quitting your job and moving far away without the promise of another job waiting there isn't something you're supposed to do. Especially in this economy. The responsible thing is to find a job first, then worry about relocating. That's what you're supposed to do.

Trouble is, I just can't do what I'm supposed to do anymore. So here I go. And I don't know where I'm going to land. But there is a sort of courage I am gaining by reading about others who have taken risks and followed their hearts and found lives that they never knew were possible. I feel empowered by the risk. So I'm taking it.

 Desktop Wallpaper · Gallery · Nature 
 Dirt road

No comments:

Post a Comment